Pub walkers Clic into gear
STAFF and customers from three pubs raised over �2000 from a charity walk. A group of more than 20 people from Wetherspoon s pubs in Saffron Walden, Newmarket and Haverhill took over eight hours to complete the 15-mile walk – although that included a few
STAFF and customers from three pubs raised over �2000 from a charity walk.
A group of more than 20 people from Wetherspoon's pubs in Saffron Walden, Newmarket and Haverhill took over eight hours to complete the 15-mile walk - although that included a few pit stops along the way!
In all, the group - who walked from Bishop's Stortford back to Saffron Walden - raised the impressive total for Clic Sargent.
Adie Fox, manager of The Temeraire on High Street, Saffron Walden, said: "It took us a while but that included stopping at a few pubs along the way!"
You may also want to watch:
He added: "Clic Sargent is such a good cause and people have really stepped forward to help out. One of our customers, Sarah Batch, has beaten all of us by individually raising around �350."
Pictured Pub managers (front, from left) Jeanette Frost, from Haverhill, Chris Reynolds, from Newmarket, and Adie Fox and David Jarnell, from Saffron Walden, in front of staff and customers who took part in the walk.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'