Pub walkers Clic into gear
STAFF and customers from three pubs raised over �2000 from a charity walk. A group of more than 20 people from Wetherspoon s pubs in Saffron Walden, Newmarket and Haverhill took over eight hours to complete the 15-mile walk – although that included a few
STAFF and customers from three pubs raised over �2000 from a charity walk.
A group of more than 20 people from Wetherspoon's pubs in Saffron Walden, Newmarket and Haverhill took over eight hours to complete the 15-mile walk - although that included a few pit stops along the way!
In all, the group - who walked from Bishop's Stortford back to Saffron Walden - raised the impressive total for Clic Sargent.
Adie Fox, manager of The Temeraire on High Street, Saffron Walden, said: "It took us a while but that included stopping at a few pubs along the way!"
You may also want to watch:
He added: "Clic Sargent is such a good cause and people have really stepped forward to help out. One of our customers, Sarah Batch, has beaten all of us by individually raising around �350."
Pictured Pub managers (front, from left) Jeanette Frost, from Haverhill, Chris Reynolds, from Newmarket, and Adie Fox and David Jarnell, from Saffron Walden, in front of staff and customers who took part in the walk.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 3 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 7 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 8 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 9 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 10 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival