Pub walkers Clic into gear
STAFF and customers from three pubs raised over �2000 from a charity walk. A group of more than 20 people from Wetherspoon s pubs in Saffron Walden, Newmarket and Haverhill took over eight hours to complete the 15-mile walk – although that included a few
STAFF and customers from three pubs raised over �2000 from a charity walk.
A group of more than 20 people from Wetherspoon's pubs in Saffron Walden, Newmarket and Haverhill took over eight hours to complete the 15-mile walk - although that included a few pit stops along the way!
In all, the group - who walked from Bishop's Stortford back to Saffron Walden - raised the impressive total for Clic Sargent.
Adie Fox, manager of The Temeraire on High Street, Saffron Walden, said: "It took us a while but that included stopping at a few pubs along the way!"
You may also want to watch:
He added: "Clic Sargent is such a good cause and people have really stepped forward to help out. One of our customers, Sarah Batch, has beaten all of us by individually raising around �350."
Pictured Pub managers (front, from left) Jeanette Frost, from Haverhill, Chris Reynolds, from Newmarket, and Adie Fox and David Jarnell, from Saffron Walden, in front of staff and customers who took part in the walk.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 9 Stansted teachers offered lockdown yoga
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire