Pub walkers Clic into gear
STAFF and customers from three pubs raised over �2000 from a charity walk. A group of more than 20 people from Wetherspoon s pubs in Saffron Walden, Newmarket and Haverhill took over eight hours to complete the 15-mile walk – although that included a few
STAFF and customers from three pubs raised over �2000 from a charity walk.
A group of more than 20 people from Wetherspoon's pubs in Saffron Walden, Newmarket and Haverhill took over eight hours to complete the 15-mile walk - although that included a few pit stops along the way!
In all, the group - who walked from Bishop's Stortford back to Saffron Walden - raised the impressive total for Clic Sargent.
Adie Fox, manager of The Temeraire on High Street, Saffron Walden, said: "It took us a while but that included stopping at a few pubs along the way!"
You may also want to watch:
He added: "Clic Sargent is such a good cause and people have really stepped forward to help out. One of our customers, Sarah Batch, has beaten all of us by individually raising around �350."
Pictured Pub managers (front, from left) Jeanette Frost, from Haverhill, Chris Reynolds, from Newmarket, and Adie Fox and David Jarnell, from Saffron Walden, in front of staff and customers who took part in the walk.
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 9 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 10 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months