Public and voluntary sector organisations work together for Uttlesford’s future
Dozens of community representatives gathered to discuss how they can work together for the benefit of the district – and encourage others to do so as well.
The district’s Local Strategic Partnership, Uttlesford Futures (a partnership of public, voluntary and private sector organisations led by Uttlesford District Council) hosted its annual assembly, with its main topic of discussion being community development and wellbeing.
The organisations pooled ideas about what they can do to help encourage communities to work together in order to improve the wellbeing of those living in the area, as well as reviewing the work that they have been doing over the past year.
Cllr Howard Rolfe, chairman of Uttlesford Futures, said: “It is well understood that financial resources remain tight and voluntary groups are experiencing greater demand for their services. However, this should not prevent us from working together to help improve people’s quality of life and wellbeing.”
He added: “We are very lucky in this district to have many organisations working for the benefit of our residents. However, it was a good opportunity for them to get together at this event and see that they are not working alone.”
You may also want to watch:
All the suggestions generated at the event will be considered by the Uttlesford Futures board in the coming weeks and fed into new projects and initiatives wherever possible. The follow up process will be communicated to all present at the assembly.
To find out more about Uttlesford Futures or become involved in a project, contact partnerships officer Kerry Vinton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01799 510449.
- 1 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 6 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays