Public meeting over Stansted’s long-awaited health centre
STANSTED residents will be given the opportunity to ask questions and find out more about plans for a long-awaited state-of-the-art health centre in the village at a meeting tomorrow night (Friday).
Supporters of the development have arranged the get-together so that villagers can learn more about the proposals, enabling them to make “well-thought through representations” to Uttlesford District Council’s planning department.
The meeting will be held in the hall behind Stansted Free Church on Chapel Hill at 7.30pm, and Stansted resident Ray Woodcock - who has long campaigned for improved healthcare provision in the village - has encouraged members of the community to come along.
He said: “The meeting will be the first real opportunity that the community has had to ask questions – whether it be to the GP, Primary Care Trust, the developer Pelham Structures or the parish council.
“The aim is to improve the community’s understanding of the development so that proper and well-thought through representations can be made to the district council.”
You may also want to watch:
Plans to construct the health centre at the old Castle Lotus site on Lower Street were submitted to the council at the end of last year.
Clavering-based developer Pelham Structures is also looking to build two shops and 14 flats, each with its own balcony and communal roof garden, as part of the complex.
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 More than 17,000 Uttlesford pensioners claim cash to help heat their homes
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank