Public sector strike could impact bin collections in Uttlesford
- Credit: Archant
Uttlesford District Council has advised residents that bin collections tomorrow (Thursday) could be disrupted because of the public sector strike taking place that day.
Although the council expects most of its other services to be running, it is likely that some bins will not be collected.
Should any resident find their bins are not emptied, they must leave them out and they will be collected another day, the council has said.
This collection may not take place until the weekend.
People who have their bins emptied on Friday will not be affected. Residents do not need to ring the council to report a non-collection on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Up-to-date information about the impact of the strike will be available on the council’s website at uttlesford.gov.uk
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 3 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas