Public sector strike could impact bin collections in Uttlesford
- Credit: Archant
Uttlesford District Council has advised residents that bin collections tomorrow (Thursday) could be disrupted because of the public sector strike taking place that day.
Although the council expects most of its other services to be running, it is likely that some bins will not be collected.
Should any resident find their bins are not emptied, they must leave them out and they will be collected another day, the council has said.
This collection may not take place until the weekend.
People who have their bins emptied on Friday will not be affected. Residents do not need to ring the council to report a non-collection on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Up-to-date information about the impact of the strike will be available on the council’s website at uttlesford.gov.uk
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford