Pupils are in the zone for science
SCIENCE week at Henham and Ugley Primary School brought the wow factor into the classroom as children got a buzz from hands on learning. The whole week was really engaging for all the pupils and I m sure they learnt a lot about science and nature as well
SCIENCE week at Henham and Ugley Primary School brought the wow factor into the classroom as children got a buzz from hands on learning.
"The whole week was really engaging for all the pupils and I'm sure they learnt a lot about science and nature as well as having fun," said teacher Suzie Jarrett.
As part of the week of activities, on Friday a new wildlife area was opened at the school on School Lane, Henham. Youngsters took part in pond dipping and identified what they found.
Afterwards parents and children were invited to go on a science trail around the school, exploring a magnetic zone, a health zone and an electricity zone among others.
You may also want to watch:
The Essex recycling bus visited the school for three days and held workshops and years four and six went on a trip to the Science in Action Zone at Bishop's Stortford College.
Ms Jarrett said: "I think the favourite activity was on Monday when 10 owls came to the school and took part in a flying demonstration. They also had a solid, liquid and gas demonstration which also had the wow factor.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings