Quendon Parklands Hall marquee blaze ruled accidental

PUBLISHED: 16:20 15 January 2015 | UPDATED: 16:20 15 January 2015

Fire

Fire

Archant

A fire which led to 250 party goers being evacuated from a stately home in Quendon shortly after Christmas has been ruled “accidental”.

The fire service has today (Thursday) confirmed that “cooking was the most likely cause” of the marquee fire at Parklands Quendon Hall, which was attended by five fire crews on Saturday, December 27.

Around 30 firefighters extinguished the blaze in about two and a half hours, and a woman suffering from smoke inhalation was treated at the scene.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Saffron Walden Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Saffron Walden Reporter