Quendon Parklands Hall marquee blaze ruled accidental

Fire

Fire - Credit: Archant

A fire which led to 250 party goers being evacuated from a stately home in Quendon shortly after Christmas has been ruled “accidental”.

The fire service has today (Thursday) confirmed that “cooking was the most likely cause” of the marquee fire at Parklands Quendon Hall, which was attended by five fire crews on Saturday, December 27.

Around 30 firefighters extinguished the blaze in about two and a half hours, and a woman suffering from smoke inhalation was treated at the scene.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter