Radwinter doctor wins prestigious award
- Credit: Archant
The chief executive of Carers Trust Cambridgeshire has scooped a prestigious national award for her contribution to the care sector.
Dr Helen Brown, from Radwinter, was presented with a third sector Leadership Award by Dame Esther Rantzen in London on December 9.
The Leadership Award rewards an individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership and has significantly contributed to the care sector.
Dr Brown said: “It is thrilling to win this award because it also brings recognition for unpaid family carers and professional care staff and all of my colleagues and directors at Carers Trust Cambridgeshire.
“The last ten years have seen great change and expansion at Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, and there is still more important work to do during what is a very challenging period.
You may also want to watch:
“We are committed to continuing to provide quality support services to unpaid family carers of all ages, enabling them to live their own lives as demand for our services increases.”
Adam Rowles, chair of trustees, said: “I think this award is a fitting and well deserved recognition of Helen’s enormous contribution in leading Carers Trust Cambridgeshire for the past ten years and for her unstinting championing of the cause of unpaid family carers.”
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 5 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation