Radwinter youngsters get a taste of India
THE taste of India came to Radwinter Pre-School as it celebrated Diwali – the festival of light.
Children and staff at the pre-school, which is held in Hempstead Village Hall, tucked into tasty basmati rice, poppadoms and naan bread as part of the event.
Pre-school spokesman Natasha Ramirez said: “The pre-school held the event to make them aware of other cultures and how they celebrate their festivals.
“The children absolutely loved dressing up and especially tasting the poppadoms and naan bread.”
Pictured is pre-school assistant Anna Smith with some of the pre-school children, from left, Bernie Horton, Olivia Booth, Charlotte Proctor and Joshua Sharpe celebrating Diwali
You may also want to watch:
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Reader survey: Will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'