Radwinter youngsters get a taste of India
THE taste of India came to Radwinter Pre-School as it celebrated Diwali – the festival of light.
Children and staff at the pre-school, which is held in Hempstead Village Hall, tucked into tasty basmati rice, poppadoms and naan bread as part of the event.
Pre-school spokesman Natasha Ramirez said: “The pre-school held the event to make them aware of other cultures and how they celebrate their festivals.
“The children absolutely loved dressing up and especially tasting the poppadoms and naan bread.”
Pictured is pre-school assistant Anna Smith with some of the pre-school children, from left, Bernie Horton, Olivia Booth, Charlotte Proctor and Joshua Sharpe celebrating Diwali
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 3 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 4 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 5 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 6 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 7 Airport group's CEO reacts to Covid roadmap and says Budget offers hope
- 8 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 9 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 10 Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors