Rail customers to enjoy brighter, cleaner Stansted Airport rail station after £850,000 lighting upgrade
An £850,000 lighting upgrade at Stansted airport rail station is set to improve the station environment for customers.
Service provider Abellio Greater Anglia is working to create an improved station appearance and ambience with better levels of lighting to brighten the platforms and waiting areas, which do not benefit from any natural light.
250 new lights, fitted with energy efficient, bright LED bulbs, are being fitted to every column in the station to dramatically increase the amount of light. Along the central columns, blue-coloured LED lights are also being installed to create a more attractive and welcoming ambience.
The work, which is expected to continue until the end of April, is being carried out by Spence Ltd on behalf of Abellio Greater Anglia.
A team of specialist cleaners recently descended on the station to undertake a ‘deep clean’, thoroughly cleaning all areas of the station to remove dirt, gum and grime from all floors, tiles, waiting rooms and toilet facilities.
You may also want to watch:
To complete Stansted Airport station’s smart new appearance, it has also been fitted with new signage in the Abellio Greater Anglia colours.
Flavio Lopes, area customer service manager, said: “I look forward to welcoming customers to a brighter, cleaner and much more appealing station environment as this upgrade is completed over the coming weeks.
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
“Investing in upgrades to stations across the network is extremely important to Abellio Greater Anglia, demonstrating our commitment to providing excellent facilities and service to our customers.”