Rail customers to enjoy brighter, cleaner Stansted Airport rail station after £850,000 lighting upgrade
An £850,000 lighting upgrade at Stansted airport rail station is set to improve the station environment for customers.
Service provider Abellio Greater Anglia is working to create an improved station appearance and ambience with better levels of lighting to brighten the platforms and waiting areas, which do not benefit from any natural light.
250 new lights, fitted with energy efficient, bright LED bulbs, are being fitted to every column in the station to dramatically increase the amount of light. Along the central columns, blue-coloured LED lights are also being installed to create a more attractive and welcoming ambience.
The work, which is expected to continue until the end of April, is being carried out by Spence Ltd on behalf of Abellio Greater Anglia.
A team of specialist cleaners recently descended on the station to undertake a ‘deep clean’, thoroughly cleaning all areas of the station to remove dirt, gum and grime from all floors, tiles, waiting rooms and toilet facilities.
You may also want to watch:
To complete Stansted Airport station’s smart new appearance, it has also been fitted with new signage in the Abellio Greater Anglia colours.
Flavio Lopes, area customer service manager, said: “I look forward to welcoming customers to a brighter, cleaner and much more appealing station environment as this upgrade is completed over the coming weeks.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 7 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 County council promises arts boost for Essex
“Investing in upgrades to stations across the network is extremely important to Abellio Greater Anglia, demonstrating our commitment to providing excellent facilities and service to our customers.”