Rail customers to enjoy brighter, cleaner Stansted Airport rail station after £850,000 lighting upgrade
An £850,000 lighting upgrade at Stansted airport rail station is set to improve the station environment for customers.
Service provider Abellio Greater Anglia is working to create an improved station appearance and ambience with better levels of lighting to brighten the platforms and waiting areas, which do not benefit from any natural light.
250 new lights, fitted with energy efficient, bright LED bulbs, are being fitted to every column in the station to dramatically increase the amount of light. Along the central columns, blue-coloured LED lights are also being installed to create a more attractive and welcoming ambience.
The work, which is expected to continue until the end of April, is being carried out by Spence Ltd on behalf of Abellio Greater Anglia.
A team of specialist cleaners recently descended on the station to undertake a ‘deep clean’, thoroughly cleaning all areas of the station to remove dirt, gum and grime from all floors, tiles, waiting rooms and toilet facilities.
To complete Stansted Airport station’s smart new appearance, it has also been fitted with new signage in the Abellio Greater Anglia colours.
Flavio Lopes, area customer service manager, said: “I look forward to welcoming customers to a brighter, cleaner and much more appealing station environment as this upgrade is completed over the coming weeks.
- 1 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 2 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 3 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 4 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 5 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 6 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 7 Harmer haul helps Essex Eagles tame Sussex Sharks in VItality Blast
- 8 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 9 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 10 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
“Investing in upgrades to stations across the network is extremely important to Abellio Greater Anglia, demonstrating our commitment to providing excellent facilities and service to our customers.”