Raise some money for Macmillan Cancer Support - put the kettle on!
IT’S that time of year again when putting the kettle on can help a leading cancer charity towards its �8million fundraising target.
IT’S that time of year when putting the kettle on can help a leading cancer charity towards its �8m fundraising target.
The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning – which runs tomorrow (Friday September 24) – is Macmillan Cancer Support’s biggest event of the year. In 2009 there were around 2000 Macmillan coffee mornings held across Essex raising over �311,000.
But this year the charity needs the people of Essex to raise even more to help fund its vital cancer services, from specialist nurses and doctors, to grants and advice for people with cancer who have financial problems.
Fundraising manager for Essex, Keith Snow, said: “The help we provide people with cancer is absolutely essential and we want to be able to give support to everyone who needs it.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s why we need to raise more from this year’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning than ever before.”
There are a number of coffee mornings taking place in the Reporter’s area, so feel free to drop in and make a real difference to the lives of people affected by cancer:
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 10 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall
• Saffron Building Society, Saffron Walden – 10am-2pm (The building society will also be in Market Square from 12-20pm serving bacon butties and refreshments – and look out for the man wearing a giant Macmillan mug!)
• Barclays bank, Saffron Walden - 10am-noon
• Turpin’s Bowls Club, Peaslands Road, Saffron Walden – from 10.30am
• Saffron Walden Reporter, High Street, Saffron Walden – 10am-noon
• Elsenham Bowls Club - 9.30am-12noon
• Fours Seasons Farm Shop, Newport - 10.30am onwards
• Ugley Village Hall – from 10am
• Mountfitchet Romeera, Forest Hall Road – from 10am
• Linton Village Hall – 9.30am-11.30am