Raising money for Children in Need in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
Pudsey would have been proud on Friday as people around the district made an effort for the BBC Children in Need Appeal.
R A Butler Primary School in Saffron Walden looked reminiscent of Holby City.
Children and staff embraced the theme of hospitals for its fundraising day with a stream of doctors, nurses and patients coming through the school gates.
The school was also fundraising for a a school defibrillator.
School spokesman Wendy Zych said: “Thanks to the generosity of our families, we will be able to purchase the defibrillator and send a donation of £425 to Children in Need.”
You may also want to watch:
Debden School raised more than £175 for Children in Need by wearing spotty clothes and taking part in a whole school ramble followed by hot chocolate and biscuits.
Saffron Walden County High School pupil Ciara Bailey had her hair cut for charity on Saturday by Kirsty Lilley, a former County High student, at Andrew James hairdressers in Saffron Walden.
- 1 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 2 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 5 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 6 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
This is the second time Ciara has donated her hair to the Little Princess Trust to be used to make wigs for children with cancer.
This year Ciara has also raised money for Children in Need to support other vulnerable children.
So far she has raised £245 in sponsorship from family, friends and teachers.