Raising the profile of dementia in Uttlesford
DEMENTIA will come into the spotlight in Saffron Walden during Dementia Awareness Week, which runs from July 5 to 11. The mental illness will be highlighted by NHS West Essex, Essex County Council and local charities The Alzheimer s Society and Carers UK
DEMENTIA will come into the spotlight in Saffron Walden during Dementia Awareness Week, which runs from July 5 to 11.
The mental illness will be highlighted by NHS West Essex, Essex County Council and local charities The Alzheimer's Society and Carers UK
Stands will be offering advice and information at Saffron Walden Library and outside Waitrose supermarket on Thursday July 9, from10am to 3pm.
The Littlebury Music Festival, between 4pm and 10pm on Sunday July 12, will also be supporting the Alzheimer's Society.
You may also want to watch:
The local Alzheimer's Society branch - based in Great Dunmow but covering the entire Uttlesford district - currently supports 277 clients; carers, family members and the person with dementia. Outreach workers provide home visits to support clients on an ongoing basis and liaise with social care and health professionals and other voluntary organisations to enable people access other services and benefits.
Clients and carers are given social support with pub lunch support groups, memory clubs, coffee mornings and a woodwork group.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
Carers UK are also supporting Dementia Awareness Week. They provide an information bureau and generic services to look after carers.
For more information contact Mari Hinton at: Uttlesford Carers, UV& C Centre, 46 High Street, Great Dunmow, CM6 1BP, ring 01371 875810 or e-mail email@example.com