Ray Gelato plays the Cambridge Arts Theatre
FAMOUS jazz singer Ray Gelato will be paying homage to some of the world s greatest entertainers during a performance at the Cambridge Arts Theatre on March 22. As part of a 20-date UK tour to promote his latest album, Ray Gelato - Salutes the Great Enter
FAMOUS jazz singer Ray Gelato will be paying homage to some of the world's greatest entertainers during a performance at the Cambridge Arts Theatre on March 22.
As part of a 20-date UK tour to promote his latest album, Ray Gelato - Salutes the Great Entertainers, Mr Gelato will be performing some timeless tunes.
Backed by a stellar band, the foremost exponent of good time jazz swings his way through classics from the likes of Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Cab Calloway, Louis Prima, 'Fats' Waller and Louis Jordan.
Mr Gelato said: "All of the great artists that we salute on this recording were a huge influence on me.
You may also want to watch:
"I wanted to pay tribute to some of the greatest musical entertainment that the world has ever seen."
In a 25-year career, Mr Gelato has played all the major jazz festivals in the world, released a number of highly acclaimed albums, and is a regular at the prestigious Ronnie Scotts in London.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Medical practice moving this week, and former £1.4m base attracts offer
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
He has twice been requested to perform by personal invitation of HM the Queen, opened for Robbie Williams at The Royal Albert Hall, and has made private appearances for Richard Branson and Elle McPherson, and at Paul McCartney's wedding.
He has also done a number of television and film appearances.
Mr Gelato has scooped several awards and nominations over the years, including Ronnie Scott's Best Male in 2007, BBC Jazz Artist of the Year, and three nominations for BBC Radio 2 Jazz Artist of the Year.
Tickets start at �10. To book call the Cambridge Arts Theatre box office on 01223 503333 or book online at www.cambridgeartstheatre.com