Reading event to celebrate father’s day
CLAVERING Primary School marked Father’s Day by inviting Dads (and Grandads!) to read some of their favourite stories and poems.
Keen to promote literacy for boys, the school celebrated the important role played by Dads in encouraging enjoyment of books and reading.
The newly built library, opened on April 1 by former pupil, TV Presenter and Farmer, Jimmy Doherty, welcomed Dads to library club on Friday June 17.
Children listened to a range of stories including The Tiger Who Came to Tea, Aliens Love Underpants and an extract from Spike Milligan’s Children’s Treasury.
Headteacher Rosalind Allsop said: “It was a great opportunity to promote books and one that the children thoroughly enjoyed.
You may also want to watch:
“The library was full after school with children and their Dads. We would like to thank all the Dads who were able to participate in such an enjoyable event”.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 3 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 7 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 8 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'