Record breaking success for Essex and Herts Air Ambulance Trust's winter raffle
THE fourth Air Ambulance Raffle organised by Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust proved to be a staggering success, smashing last year s Winter Raffle. The initiative has exceeded all expectations and has helped raise over �126,000 for the life-saving heli
THE fourth Air Ambulance Raffle organised by Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust proved to be a staggering success, smashing last year's Winter Raffle.
The initiative has exceeded all expectations and has helped raise over �126,000 for the life-saving helicopter.
There were three fantastic prizes up for grabs; �2,000, �1,000 and �500. The lucky winners were: first, Mrs Asquith, from Colchester; second, Mrs Stacey, Sheffield; and third, Miss Hayden, Bishops Stortford.
Flight for Life Lottery Manager at Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust, Janice Flower, said: "We are delighted with the success of this latest raffle. Once again it has exceeded all expectations and we are grateful to everyone who supported the charity, especially through this difficult economic climate.
"Congratulations to our three lucky winners and thank you to all those who took part in the initiative, those who sold and bought tickets and those who made additional donations.
"Their support is crucial in helping to keep the county's life-saving Air Ambulance flying, to help those who need it the most.
- 1 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 2 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 5 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 6 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 7 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 8 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 9 Saffron Walden youngsters show grit in defeat to Wymondham
- 10 easyJet: 'We don't have plans for more routes from Stansted'