Record GCSE results for Saffron Walden County High School students
A RECORD set of GCSE results has been achieved by students at Saffron Walden County High School.
The proportion of students achieving five or more A* to C grade passes was 86 per cent – an increase of six per cent on last year. Including maths and English it was 70 per cent.
Of equal importance was the fact that 99 per cent of the year group, for the second year running, gained five or more GCSEs. Another record was set with 34 per cent of all results being graded at either A or A*.
Headteacher John Hartley said: “I am absolutely delighted with our students’ achievements. The proportion gaining five or more A* to C grades is the highest in the school’s history.
“We were especially thrilled by the science results, with 87 per cent of the whole year group achieving at least two grade Cs.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to congratulate all our students on their achievements and thank the staff for their immense commitment and dedication to our students’ success.”
Overall, 54 students gained at least eight grades A or A*. This was 25 students more than in 2009. Prominent amongst these performances were those of Philippa Cole and Ruby Woodward, who both achieved ten A* grades.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 10 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Other top performers included Dawn Lao, Matthew Hayes and Zoe Maskell, who each had at least eight A* grades.