Record number of Britons to jet off with easyJet this Christmas
STANSTED Airport s low-cost airline easyJet expects to fly a record number of passengers from the UK this festive period. A record-breaking 900,000 Brits are expected to jet off with easyJet for the festivities - a 6 per cent increase on last year. The t
STANSTED Airport's low-cost airline easyJet expects to fly a record number of passengers from the UK this festive period.
A record-breaking 900,000 Brits are expected to jet off with easyJet for the festivities - a 6 per cent increase on last year.
The top 10 destinations this Christmas are Geneva, Belfast, Edinburgh, Malaga, Barcelona, Alicante, Paris, Glasgow, Amsterdam and Faro. Also proving very popular this season are winter sun destinations such as Egypt and The Canary Islands.
easyJet's UK General Manager, Paul Simmons, said: "The idea of a staycation is clearly pass�. Getting away from the doom and gloom of the recession has proven to be a bigger incentive then ever before and it's clear that people want to spend quality time with their family and friends."
You may also want to watch:
For anyone still thinking of getting away, perhaps for some winter sun or early skiing this Christmas season, there are plenty of deals still available at www.easyJet.com.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford