Record number of Britons to jet off with easyJet this Christmas
STANSTED Airport s low-cost airline easyJet expects to fly a record number of passengers from the UK this festive period. A record-breaking 900,000 Brits are expected to jet off with easyJet for the festivities - a 6 per cent increase on last year. The t
STANSTED Airport's low-cost airline easyJet expects to fly a record number of passengers from the UK this festive period.
A record-breaking 900,000 Brits are expected to jet off with easyJet for the festivities - a 6 per cent increase on last year.
The top 10 destinations this Christmas are Geneva, Belfast, Edinburgh, Malaga, Barcelona, Alicante, Paris, Glasgow, Amsterdam and Faro. Also proving very popular this season are winter sun destinations such as Egypt and The Canary Islands.
easyJet's UK General Manager, Paul Simmons, said: "The idea of a staycation is clearly pass�. Getting away from the doom and gloom of the recession has proven to be a bigger incentive then ever before and it's clear that people want to spend quality time with their family and friends."
You may also want to watch:
For anyone still thinking of getting away, perhaps for some winter sun or early skiing this Christmas season, there are plenty of deals still available at www.easyJet.com.
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 10 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall