Record number of Britons to jet off with easyJet this Christmas
STANSTED Airport s low-cost airline easyJet expects to fly a record number of passengers from the UK this festive period. A record-breaking 900,000 Brits are expected to jet off with easyJet for the festivities - a 6 per cent increase on last year. The t
STANSTED Airport's low-cost airline easyJet expects to fly a record number of passengers from the UK this festive period.
A record-breaking 900,000 Brits are expected to jet off with easyJet for the festivities - a 6 per cent increase on last year.
The top 10 destinations this Christmas are Geneva, Belfast, Edinburgh, Malaga, Barcelona, Alicante, Paris, Glasgow, Amsterdam and Faro. Also proving very popular this season are winter sun destinations such as Egypt and The Canary Islands.
easyJet's UK General Manager, Paul Simmons, said: "The idea of a staycation is clearly pass�. Getting away from the doom and gloom of the recession has proven to be a bigger incentive then ever before and it's clear that people want to spend quality time with their family and friends."
You may also want to watch:
For anyone still thinking of getting away, perhaps for some winter sun or early skiing this Christmas season, there are plenty of deals still available at www.easyJet.com.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 6 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand