Recruitment firm move in on Saffron Walden amid Uttlesford’s growing unemployment figures
A RECRUITMENT company is holding an open day in Saffron Walden town hall next week amid growing unemployment figures.
A National Office of Statistics report released before Christmas that between August and October 2010 the rate of unemployment in the district had climbed by 1.7 per cent, brining the total number to 812.
With those figures in mind, Crem Recruitment, an independent agency based in Haverhill, is looking to stretch its presence in Saffron Walden.
A spokesman said: “Since opening three years ago, we have established a solid presence in the Saffron Walden area and supply many well known local companies.
“With the two main agencies closing and relocating away from Walden and with unemployment still rife, we felt that the town is in need of a forward thinking and proactive recruitment agency, especially as we are seeing an increasing demand for staff from our Saffron Walden clients.”
You may also want to watch:
The company has created a new position and hired a new recruitment consultant who will be specifically dedicated to the Saffron Walden area.
“Chloe Garrett has lived in Saffron Walden all her life and she knows the area extremely well,” added the spokesman. “She arrives at Crem Recruitment with a wealth of experience within our industry and is eager to assist jobseekers and employers within the area.”
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 10 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
As part of Ms Garrett’s new role, Crem Recruitment will be holding an open day in the town hall on Wednesday January 19 from 10am to 4pm.
This is a free event for jobseekers to come along and discuss their options with Ms Garrett and to register themselves for work.
The spokesman added: “Chloe will be dealing with temporary and permanent jobs across a wide range of sectors including industrial, clerical, sales and marketing, HR, engineering, catering, accounts and more specialist areas when requested.
“Please bring along a CV if you have one and we are looking forward to meeting everyone!”