Recruitment firm move in on Saffron Walden amid Uttlesford’s growing unemployment figures
A RECRUITMENT company is holding an open day in Saffron Walden town hall next week amid growing unemployment figures.
A National Office of Statistics report released before Christmas that between August and October 2010 the rate of unemployment in the district had climbed by 1.7 per cent, brining the total number to 812.
With those figures in mind, Crem Recruitment, an independent agency based in Haverhill, is looking to stretch its presence in Saffron Walden.
A spokesman said: “Since opening three years ago, we have established a solid presence in the Saffron Walden area and supply many well known local companies.
“With the two main agencies closing and relocating away from Walden and with unemployment still rife, we felt that the town is in need of a forward thinking and proactive recruitment agency, especially as we are seeing an increasing demand for staff from our Saffron Walden clients.”
The company has created a new position and hired a new recruitment consultant who will be specifically dedicated to the Saffron Walden area.
“Chloe Garrett has lived in Saffron Walden all her life and she knows the area extremely well,” added the spokesman. “She arrives at Crem Recruitment with a wealth of experience within our industry and is eager to assist jobseekers and employers within the area.”
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 3 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 5 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 6 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 7 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 8 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
- 9 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 10 Sir Tom Jones, Simple Minds, Elbow and the Bootleg Beatles to headline four nights of concerts at Audley End
As part of Ms Garrett’s new role, Crem Recruitment will be holding an open day in the town hall on Wednesday January 19 from 10am to 4pm.
This is a free event for jobseekers to come along and discuss their options with Ms Garrett and to register themselves for work.
The spokesman added: “Chloe will be dealing with temporary and permanent jobs across a wide range of sectors including industrial, clerical, sales and marketing, HR, engineering, catering, accounts and more specialist areas when requested.
“Please bring along a CV if you have one and we are looking forward to meeting everyone!”