Recruitment team hold ‘cook off’ to raise Comic Relief cash
- Credit: Archant
AN accountancy and HR recruitment specialist team held a ‘cook off’ to raise almost £300 in aid of Comic Relief today (Friday March 15).
All members of staff at Rutherford Briant Recruitment, based in Thaxted, contributed by bringing to work with them either a starter, main or pudding which had to be in keeping with the red theme.
There was a variety of interesting food, including a chicken tikka kebabs, meat balls with red rice and Chocolate Red Nose Delights.
All staff came to work dressed in red, including the team mascot, a loveable but rather mischievous bear named Ledger.
A total of £281.20 was raised.
You may also want to watch:
Toby Briant, managing director, said he was “pleasantly surprised” by the team’s cooking ability.
“We are delighted to have been able to raise money,” he said. “We didn’t feel it was appropriate to have a winner but a prize was awarded to John, one of our finance recruitment consultants for displaying the least culinary flair with his Red Nose Mozzarella Salad dish!”
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 4 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 5 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 9 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 10 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
Rutherford Briant Recruitment is an accountancy and HR recruitment specialists working with clients throughout east Anglia, dealing with all types of positions on both a temporary and permanent basis.
• WHAT did you do for Comic Relief this year? We want to hear about it - send your photos and details to email@example.com