Recruitment team hold ‘cook off’ to raise Comic Relief cash
- Credit: Archant
AN accountancy and HR recruitment specialist team held a ‘cook off’ to raise almost £300 in aid of Comic Relief today (Friday March 15).
All members of staff at Rutherford Briant Recruitment, based in Thaxted, contributed by bringing to work with them either a starter, main or pudding which had to be in keeping with the red theme.
There was a variety of interesting food, including a chicken tikka kebabs, meat balls with red rice and Chocolate Red Nose Delights.
All staff came to work dressed in red, including the team mascot, a loveable but rather mischievous bear named Ledger.
A total of £281.20 was raised.
You may also want to watch:
Toby Briant, managing director, said he was “pleasantly surprised” by the team’s cooking ability.
“We are delighted to have been able to raise money,” he said. “We didn’t feel it was appropriate to have a winner but a prize was awarded to John, one of our finance recruitment consultants for displaying the least culinary flair with his Red Nose Mozzarella Salad dish!”
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 7 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 8 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 9 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
- 10 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
Rutherford Briant Recruitment is an accountancy and HR recruitment specialists working with clients throughout east Anglia, dealing with all types of positions on both a temporary and permanent basis.
• WHAT did you do for Comic Relief this year? We want to hear about it - send your photos and details to firstname.lastname@example.org