Recycling tips for the New Year
FOLLOWING the Christmas and New Year celebrations, Essex County Council is sharing top tips on how to recycle after the festive season.
1. Recycle your Christmas Cards – They can be dropped off at your local recycling centre, County Hall reception desks throughout January, and through the Woodlands Trust recycling scheme in participating TK Maxx and Marks & Spencer stores.
2. Compost Real Christmas Trees – They can be transformed into soil improver or compost by simply taking them to your local Recycling Centre when you’ve finished with it.
3. Donate Unwanted Gifts - Any unwanted gifts can find a new home if you donate them to a charity shop, or how about exchanging them on auction or swapping websites
4. Recycle Old Electrical Items �- Don’t forget to recycle your old electrical and electronic items that have been replaced when you next visit the Recycling Centre.
You may also want to watch:
5. Check the opening times of your local Recycling Centre – visitessex.gov.uk/recycle or call ContactEssex on 0845 603 7625.
The council’s cabinet member for environment and waste Cllr Tracy Chapman said: “We can all do our part to lower our household waste and I urge Essex residents to try out these tips.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 8 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
“For more tips and advice on how you can reduce, reuse and recycle your household and food waste visit recycleforessex.co.uk.”