Recycling tips for the New Year
FOLLOWING the Christmas and New Year celebrations, Essex County Council is sharing top tips on how to recycle after the festive season.
1. Recycle your Christmas Cards – They can be dropped off at your local recycling centre, County Hall reception desks throughout January, and through the Woodlands Trust recycling scheme in participating TK Maxx and Marks & Spencer stores.
2. Compost Real Christmas Trees – They can be transformed into soil improver or compost by simply taking them to your local Recycling Centre when you’ve finished with it.
3. Donate Unwanted Gifts - Any unwanted gifts can find a new home if you donate them to a charity shop, or how about exchanging them on auction or swapping websites
4. Recycle Old Electrical Items �- Don’t forget to recycle your old electrical and electronic items that have been replaced when you next visit the Recycling Centre.
5. Check the opening times of your local Recycling Centre – visitessex.gov.uk/recycle or call ContactEssex on 0845 603 7625.
The council’s cabinet member for environment and waste Cllr Tracy Chapman said: “We can all do our part to lower our household waste and I urge Essex residents to try out these tips.
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 4 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 5 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 6 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden
- 9 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 10 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
“For more tips and advice on how you can reduce, reuse and recycle your household and food waste visit recycleforessex.co.uk.”