Reformed rock group prepare for gig in Saffron Walden, Essex
A ROCK group who first hit the headlines 22 years ago have reformed and will be performing at The King s Arms in Saffron Walden on Saturday (November 21). Originally called Before the Storm, key members of the group are now back together and playing under
A ROCK group who first hit the headlines 22 years ago have reformed and will be performing at The King's Arms in Saffron Walden on Saturday (November 21).
Originally called Before the Storm, key members of the group are now back together and playing under the name of Another Storm.
Gaining a good reputation as a live band, Before the Storm played more than 200 gigs between 1987 and 1991, produced numerous albums, had their music played on the radio and attracted interest from record companies.
However, tragedy struck when lead guitarist and songwriter Keith Winter contracted a serious illness which prevented him from playing and the band folded.
You may also want to watch:
Told by the doctors that he would never play the guitar again, Keith has baffled the medical profession and, 18 years later, not only has he made a remarkable recovery but his unique playing ability has returned.
Keith contacted his fellow songwriter and lead singer, Steve Scales, and together they reformed as Another Storm. The duo has teamed up with Alex Tsentides on bass, Dave Kendall on synths and piano and Garry Bowler on drums.
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 6 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 7 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
The band members are all from the area and will be performing a free gig at The King's Arms starting at 8.30pm.