Reformed rock group prepare for gig in Saffron Walden, Essex
A ROCK group who first hit the headlines 22 years ago have reformed and will be performing at The King s Arms in Saffron Walden on Saturday (November 21). Originally called Before the Storm, key members of the group are now back together and playing under
A ROCK group who first hit the headlines 22 years ago have reformed and will be performing at The King's Arms in Saffron Walden on Saturday (November 21).
Originally called Before the Storm, key members of the group are now back together and playing under the name of Another Storm.
Gaining a good reputation as a live band, Before the Storm played more than 200 gigs between 1987 and 1991, produced numerous albums, had their music played on the radio and attracted interest from record companies.
However, tragedy struck when lead guitarist and songwriter Keith Winter contracted a serious illness which prevented him from playing and the band folded.
Told by the doctors that he would never play the guitar again, Keith has baffled the medical profession and, 18 years later, not only has he made a remarkable recovery but his unique playing ability has returned.
Keith contacted his fellow songwriter and lead singer, Steve Scales, and together they reformed as Another Storm. The duo has teamed up with Alex Tsentides on bass, Dave Kendall on synths and piano and Garry Bowler on drums.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 5 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
- 8 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 9 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 10 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
The band members are all from the area and will be performing a free gig at The King's Arms starting at 8.30pm.