Reformed rock group prepare for gig in Saffron Walden, Essex
A ROCK group who first hit the headlines 22 years ago have reformed and will be performing at The King s Arms in Saffron Walden on Saturday (November 21). Originally called Before the Storm, key members of the group are now back together and playing under
A ROCK group who first hit the headlines 22 years ago have reformed and will be performing at The King's Arms in Saffron Walden on Saturday (November 21).
Originally called Before the Storm, key members of the group are now back together and playing under the name of Another Storm.
Gaining a good reputation as a live band, Before the Storm played more than 200 gigs between 1987 and 1991, produced numerous albums, had their music played on the radio and attracted interest from record companies.
However, tragedy struck when lead guitarist and songwriter Keith Winter contracted a serious illness which prevented him from playing and the band folded.
You may also want to watch:
Told by the doctors that he would never play the guitar again, Keith has baffled the medical profession and, 18 years later, not only has he made a remarkable recovery but his unique playing ability has returned.
Keith contacted his fellow songwriter and lead singer, Steve Scales, and together they reformed as Another Storm. The duo has teamed up with Alex Tsentides on bass, Dave Kendall on synths and piano and Garry Bowler on drums.
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 7 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall
- 10 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
The band members are all from the area and will be performing a free gig at The King's Arms starting at 8.30pm.