Region’s most expensive roads revealed
EAST Anglia’s most expensive streets have been revealed – with a top 10 dominated by Cambridge.
Six of the top 10 streets with the highest average price tags for houses – including the region’s most expensive road – are in Cambridge, according to research released today by Lloyds TSB.
The most expensive street in East Anglia was found to be Sedley Taylor Road in Cambridge, with an average house price of �1.11million. All the featured streets in Cambridge are around the Botanic Gardens and close to the main university area.
The wider survey found seven of the 10 most expensive streets in England and Wales are in the Kensington and Chelsea areas of London.
Camden Hill Square, in the heart of London’s Holland Park, was named as the most expensive, with an average house price of �4.9m.
You may also want to watch:
Suren Thiru, housing economist at Lloyds TSB, said: “The survey shows that the most expensive streets continue to be tightly clustered in relatively small areas.”
To be included in the survey, there had to be at least seven house price sales in the street between January 2007 and October 2011.
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 9 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 10 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
EAST ANGLIA’S TOP 10
1. Sedley Taylor, Cambridge �1,111,000
2. Wilberforce Road, Cambridge �979,000
3. Long Road, Cambridge �810,000
4. Saxmundham Road, Aldeburgh �800,000
5. Beech Road, Norwich �778,000
6. Aberdeen Avenue, Cambridge �713,000
7. Robin Hatch, Newmarket �685,000
8. Grange Park Drive, Woodbridge �669,000
9. Owlstone Road, Cambridge �668,000
10. Henslow Mews, Cambridge �664,000