Region’s most expensive roads revealed
EAST Anglia’s most expensive streets have been revealed – with a top 10 dominated by Cambridge.
Six of the top 10 streets with the highest average price tags for houses – including the region’s most expensive road – are in Cambridge, according to research released today by Lloyds TSB.
The most expensive street in East Anglia was found to be Sedley Taylor Road in Cambridge, with an average house price of �1.11million. All the featured streets in Cambridge are around the Botanic Gardens and close to the main university area.
The wider survey found seven of the 10 most expensive streets in England and Wales are in the Kensington and Chelsea areas of London.
Camden Hill Square, in the heart of London’s Holland Park, was named as the most expensive, with an average house price of �4.9m.
You may also want to watch:
Suren Thiru, housing economist at Lloyds TSB, said: “The survey shows that the most expensive streets continue to be tightly clustered in relatively small areas.”
To be included in the survey, there had to be at least seven house price sales in the street between January 2007 and October 2011.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
EAST ANGLIA’S TOP 10
1. Sedley Taylor, Cambridge �1,111,000
2. Wilberforce Road, Cambridge �979,000
3. Long Road, Cambridge �810,000
4. Saxmundham Road, Aldeburgh �800,000
5. Beech Road, Norwich �778,000
6. Aberdeen Avenue, Cambridge �713,000
7. Robin Hatch, Newmarket �685,000
8. Grange Park Drive, Woodbridge �669,000
9. Owlstone Road, Cambridge �668,000
10. Henslow Mews, Cambridge �664,000