Region’s most expensive roads revealed
EAST Anglia’s most expensive streets have been revealed – with a top 10 dominated by Cambridge.
Six of the top 10 streets with the highest average price tags for houses – including the region’s most expensive road – are in Cambridge, according to research released today by Lloyds TSB.
The most expensive street in East Anglia was found to be Sedley Taylor Road in Cambridge, with an average house price of �1.11million. All the featured streets in Cambridge are around the Botanic Gardens and close to the main university area.
The wider survey found seven of the 10 most expensive streets in England and Wales are in the Kensington and Chelsea areas of London.
Camden Hill Square, in the heart of London’s Holland Park, was named as the most expensive, with an average house price of �4.9m.
You may also want to watch:
Suren Thiru, housing economist at Lloyds TSB, said: “The survey shows that the most expensive streets continue to be tightly clustered in relatively small areas.”
To be included in the survey, there had to be at least seven house price sales in the street between January 2007 and October 2011.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 3 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 4 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 8 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 9 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 10 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
EAST ANGLIA’S TOP 10
1. Sedley Taylor, Cambridge �1,111,000
2. Wilberforce Road, Cambridge �979,000
3. Long Road, Cambridge �810,000
4. Saxmundham Road, Aldeburgh �800,000
5. Beech Road, Norwich �778,000
6. Aberdeen Avenue, Cambridge �713,000
7. Robin Hatch, Newmarket �685,000
8. Grange Park Drive, Woodbridge �669,000
9. Owlstone Road, Cambridge �668,000
10. Henslow Mews, Cambridge �664,000