Region’s most expensive roads revealed
EAST Anglia’s most expensive streets have been revealed – with a top 10 dominated by Cambridge.
Six of the top 10 streets with the highest average price tags for houses – including the region’s most expensive road – are in Cambridge, according to research released today by Lloyds TSB.
The most expensive street in East Anglia was found to be Sedley Taylor Road in Cambridge, with an average house price of �1.11million. All the featured streets in Cambridge are around the Botanic Gardens and close to the main university area.
The wider survey found seven of the 10 most expensive streets in England and Wales are in the Kensington and Chelsea areas of London.
Camden Hill Square, in the heart of London’s Holland Park, was named as the most expensive, with an average house price of �4.9m.
Suren Thiru, housing economist at Lloyds TSB, said: “The survey shows that the most expensive streets continue to be tightly clustered in relatively small areas.”
To be included in the survey, there had to be at least seven house price sales in the street between January 2007 and October 2011.
- 1 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 2 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 3 Dog show for visitors and their four-legged friends at Gardens of Easton Lodge's June open day
- 4 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 5 School activities and sports in pictures
- 6 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 7 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 8 Saffron Walden maze is refurbished
- 9 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
EAST ANGLIA’S TOP 10
1. Sedley Taylor, Cambridge �1,111,000
2. Wilberforce Road, Cambridge �979,000
3. Long Road, Cambridge �810,000
4. Saxmundham Road, Aldeburgh �800,000
5. Beech Road, Norwich �778,000
6. Aberdeen Avenue, Cambridge �713,000
7. Robin Hatch, Newmarket �685,000
8. Grange Park Drive, Woodbridge �669,000
9. Owlstone Road, Cambridge �668,000
10. Henslow Mews, Cambridge �664,000