IN PICTURES: Remembrance Sunday in and around Saffron Walden
- Credit: Saffron Photo
Saffron Walden marked Remembrance Sunday with a parade through the town as a "poignant reminder" of conflict, past and present.
Mayor of Saffron Walden, Councillor Richard Porch, said he was "proud" to lay wreaths at War Memorials in Saffron Walden and Little Walden on November 14.
He said: "I was proud and honoured to lay a wreath on behalf of the Town Council and the townsfolk to honour those that protect our country.
"My heartfelt thanks go to all who serve and to all involved in the plans and preparations for such a large event in town."
Remembrance Sunday events took place at villages and towns throughout the country.
Remembrance Sunday at Saffron Walden
Remembrance Sunday at Little Walden
- 1 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 7 £13k raised for good causes at Saffron Walden Bonfire Night
- 8 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 9 Uttlesford climate change plan goes back to the drawing board
- 10 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote