Renewed appeal for information on Essex murder victim
A SEARCH for a suspected murder victim with strong links to Great Saling has been stepped up this week, as police once again appeal for information. Paul Duckenfield, aged 41, went missing after flying back to the UK from Portugal on September 15, 2008. P
A SEARCH for a suspected murder victim with strong links to Great Saling has been stepped up this week, as police once again appeal for information.
Paul Duckenfield, aged 41, went missing after flying back to the UK from Portugal on September 15, 2008. Police believe he has been murdered and are searching for his body.
The family man, who was married with two children, arrived at Stansted Airport after taking an easyJet flight from Faro. Police believe he used to regularly use facilities, such as gyms, in the Great Saling and Braintree areas.
On the day of his return, after spending four years living abroad with his family, he was captured on CCTV at the Palm Trees restaurant, Great Saling, in what is thought to be the last time he was seen.
You may also want to watch:
A police statement said: "The family originate from the Derbyshire area and decided to move to Portugal. Paul's parents still live in the Derbyshire area.
"He regularly returned to the UK on business and was believed to be involved in the distribution of anabolic steroids and growth hormones used by some body builders and athletes to enhance their performance.
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 3 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 4 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 6 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 7 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
He had planned to return home to his family on September 19 or 20, 2008 by flying from East Midlands Airport to Faro but did not take any of the flights destined for Faro on those dates. He has not been seen or heard from since.
"Paul's wife, daughters, parents and all of his family desperately miss him and need to know what has happened to him."
Police believe that Paul has been murdered in the Essex area on or around the evening of September 15, 2008, but his body has never been recovered.
A police spokesman said that they still believe that there are people that have information and knowledge relating to Duckenfield's business, the circumstances surrounding his death and the location of his body.
If anyone has any information about Paul please contact Essex Police on 01279 641188 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.