Residents given say on conservation areas
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS in two Uttlesford villages are being urged to have their say on local conservation areas.
The conservation area appraisals for Great Sampford and Hempstead have been prepared with the help of local historians, planning officers and the two parish councils.
They aim to define the key elements of the special character of each village and provide guidance for the positive management of buildings, open spaces, railings and other elements that contribute to the exceptional quality environment of the historic villages.
The appraisals also put forward proposals to amend some of the conservation area boundaries.
Anyone who lives or works in the two villages is now being urged to say what they think of the proposals.
You may also want to watch:
A consultation on the draft documents takes place from Friday May 24 until Saturday July 6 and can be accessed online at http://www.uttlesford.gov.uk/conservationareas
Paper copies of the reports can also be inspected at the council Offices in Saffron Walden, Saffron Walden Library, the Mobile Library or via the relevant village Parish Clerks.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
There will also be a chance to see details of all the proposed changes - and to discuss them with council officers – at public exhibitions being held in the two villages.
They are taking place from 6pm to 8.30pm on Wednesday June 5 in Hempstead Village Hall and from 6.30pm to 8.30pm on Friday June 28 in Great Sampford Village Hall.
Residents can respond using the council’s online consultation system or via e-mail using a form that can be downloaded from the relevant village conservation area appraisal page on the council’s website.
Alternatively, just write a letter giving your views and send it to the Conservation Area Appraisal Project, Council Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden CB11 4ER.
Following the six-week consultation period, amendments will be made in response to the comments received and the council will approve the final version of the appraisal, which will be used in the process of determining planning applications. The appraisals also put forward simple practical management proposals that improve the character of the two conservation areas and are capable of being implemented as and when resources permit.
For further information please call Bruce Tice, Uttlesford District Council’s Conservation Area Appraisal Project Officer, on 01799-510670 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org