Residents given say on conservation areas
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS in two Uttlesford villages are being urged to have their say on local conservation areas.
The conservation area appraisals for Great Sampford and Hempstead have been prepared with the help of local historians, planning officers and the two parish councils.
They aim to define the key elements of the special character of each village and provide guidance for the positive management of buildings, open spaces, railings and other elements that contribute to the exceptional quality environment of the historic villages.
The appraisals also put forward proposals to amend some of the conservation area boundaries.
Anyone who lives or works in the two villages is now being urged to say what they think of the proposals.
A consultation on the draft documents takes place from Friday May 24 until Saturday July 6 and can be accessed online at http://www.uttlesford.gov.uk/conservationareas
Paper copies of the reports can also be inspected at the council Offices in Saffron Walden, Saffron Walden Library, the Mobile Library or via the relevant village Parish Clerks.
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 4 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 5 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 6 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden
- 9 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 10 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
There will also be a chance to see details of all the proposed changes - and to discuss them with council officers – at public exhibitions being held in the two villages.
They are taking place from 6pm to 8.30pm on Wednesday June 5 in Hempstead Village Hall and from 6.30pm to 8.30pm on Friday June 28 in Great Sampford Village Hall.
Residents can respond using the council’s online consultation system or via e-mail using a form that can be downloaded from the relevant village conservation area appraisal page on the council’s website.
Alternatively, just write a letter giving your views and send it to the Conservation Area Appraisal Project, Council Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden CB11 4ER.
Following the six-week consultation period, amendments will be made in response to the comments received and the council will approve the final version of the appraisal, which will be used in the process of determining planning applications. The appraisals also put forward simple practical management proposals that improve the character of the two conservation areas and are capable of being implemented as and when resources permit.
For further information please call Bruce Tice, Uttlesford District Council’s Conservation Area Appraisal Project Officer, on 01799-510670 or e-mail email@example.com