Respected historian to give on The Tudors in Essex for museum society
RESPECTED local historian Peter Lawrence will give a talk on ‘The Tudors in Essex’ for the Saffron Walden Museum Society.
Mr Lawrence’s talk highlights some of the major players in the courts of Henry VIII, Edwards VI and Elizabeth I, as well as Essex locations that played a major role in Tudor history.
The talk complements ‘The Tudors and Early Stuarts’ exhibition running at Saffron Walden Museum until March 20.
It takes place on Monday February 14 starting at 8pm in St Mary’s Parish Rooms in Museum Street.
Members �1. Visitors always most welcome �3, under-16 free
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Saffron Walden Museum Society’s 2011 programme of events go to swmuseumsoc.org
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 6 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 7 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision