Respected historian to give on The Tudors in Essex for museum society
RESPECTED local historian Peter Lawrence will give a talk on ‘The Tudors in Essex’ for the Saffron Walden Museum Society.
Mr Lawrence’s talk highlights some of the major players in the courts of Henry VIII, Edwards VI and Elizabeth I, as well as Essex locations that played a major role in Tudor history.
The talk complements ‘The Tudors and Early Stuarts’ exhibition running at Saffron Walden Museum until March 20.
It takes place on Monday February 14 starting at 8pm in St Mary’s Parish Rooms in Museum Street.
Members �1. Visitors always most welcome �3, under-16 free
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Saffron Walden Museum Society’s 2011 programme of events go to swmuseumsoc.org
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital