Respected historian to give on The Tudors in Essex for museum society
RESPECTED local historian Peter Lawrence will give a talk on ‘The Tudors in Essex’ for the Saffron Walden Museum Society.
Mr Lawrence’s talk highlights some of the major players in the courts of Henry VIII, Edwards VI and Elizabeth I, as well as Essex locations that played a major role in Tudor history.
The talk complements ‘The Tudors and Early Stuarts’ exhibition running at Saffron Walden Museum until March 20.
It takes place on Monday February 14 starting at 8pm in St Mary’s Parish Rooms in Museum Street.
Members �1. Visitors always most welcome �3, under-16 free
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Saffron Walden Museum Society’s 2011 programme of events go to swmuseumsoc.org
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 8 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 9 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex