Results of EU referendum vote in Uttlesford due in early hours
- Credit: Archant
Voting is under way in Uttlesford in the EU referendum today (Thursday).
The polls closed at 10pm and the ballot boxes across the district will be taken to the Lord Butler Leisure Centre, in Saffron Walden, to be verified and counted.
Once counted, the result will be passed on to Chelmsford, where the results from the 47 districts in the East will be collated. It is expected that the Uttlesford result will be due between 3am and 6am tomorrow (Friday).
The number of votes is then passed to the national centre in Manchester where the final result will be issued.
Officials at the town hall in Saffron Walden said that more than 450 people had already voted in the referendum at 3pm in the afternoon and they were expecting many more through the evening.
You may also want to watch:
For updates through the night, follow our website which will publish the results as we receive them.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost