Road repairs to force temporary closure of Uttlesford roads this month
- Credit: Archant
A NUMBER of roads in Uttlesford will be temporarily closed this month to allow maintenance work to take place.
Essex County Council is planning to close the following roads while the repairs are carried out on Monday, August 19:
• Ansgar Road, Saffron Walden (the whole length from its junction with Old Mill Road) from 9am-3pm;
• Winstanley Road, Saffron Walden (from its j/w Cromwell Road to No 124) from 9am-3pm;
• Ross Close, Saffron Walden (the whole length from its j/w Cromwell Road) from 9am-3pm;
You may also want to watch:
• Cromwell Road, Saffron Walden (from its j/w Debden Road to its j/w Winstanley Road) from 9am-3pm;
• Old Mill Road, Saffron Walden (from its j/w Winstanley Road to No 38 Railey Road) from 9am-3pm;
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 4 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 5 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
• Rookery Lane, Wendens Ambo (from its j/w B1383 Cambridge Road in a westerly direction to its j/w Duck Street) from 7pm-5.30am;
• Cock Lane, Clavering (from its j/w the B1038 Pelham Road to its j/w Ford End Road) from 8am-5pm;
• B184 Thaxted Road, Wimbish (from a point 200m south of its j/w Yardley Hall Lane in a southerly direction for 400m) from 8pm-5.30am;
• Weaverhead Close, Thaxted (the whole estate, from its j/w Guelphs Lane) from 9am-3pm;
• B1008 Chelmsford Road, Great Dunmow (from its j/w the B184 Chelmsford Road to its j/w the B1256 Dunmow Bypass) from 9.30am-3.30pm.
Signed diversionary routes will be indicated where appropriate, otherwise access will be confined to residents only for the duration of the works.