Road repairs to force temporary closure of Uttlesford roads this month
- Credit: Archant
A NUMBER of roads in Uttlesford will be temporarily closed this month to allow maintenance work to take place.
Essex County Council is planning to close the following roads while the repairs are carried out on Monday, August 19:
• Ansgar Road, Saffron Walden (the whole length from its junction with Old Mill Road) from 9am-3pm;
• Winstanley Road, Saffron Walden (from its j/w Cromwell Road to No 124) from 9am-3pm;
• Ross Close, Saffron Walden (the whole length from its j/w Cromwell Road) from 9am-3pm;
You may also want to watch:
• Cromwell Road, Saffron Walden (from its j/w Debden Road to its j/w Winstanley Road) from 9am-3pm;
• Old Mill Road, Saffron Walden (from its j/w Winstanley Road to No 38 Railey Road) from 9am-3pm;
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
• Rookery Lane, Wendens Ambo (from its j/w B1383 Cambridge Road in a westerly direction to its j/w Duck Street) from 7pm-5.30am;
• Cock Lane, Clavering (from its j/w the B1038 Pelham Road to its j/w Ford End Road) from 8am-5pm;
• B184 Thaxted Road, Wimbish (from a point 200m south of its j/w Yardley Hall Lane in a southerly direction for 400m) from 8pm-5.30am;
• Weaverhead Close, Thaxted (the whole estate, from its j/w Guelphs Lane) from 9am-3pm;
• B1008 Chelmsford Road, Great Dunmow (from its j/w the B184 Chelmsford Road to its j/w the B1256 Dunmow Bypass) from 9.30am-3.30pm.
Signed diversionary routes will be indicated where appropriate, otherwise access will be confined to residents only for the duration of the works.