Road repairs to force temporary closure of Uttlesford roads this month
- Credit: Archant
A NUMBER of roads in Uttlesford will be temporarily closed this month to allow maintenance work to take place.
Essex County Council is planning to close the following roads while the repairs are carried out on Monday, August 19:
• Ansgar Road, Saffron Walden (the whole length from its junction with Old Mill Road) from 9am-3pm;
• Winstanley Road, Saffron Walden (from its j/w Cromwell Road to No 124) from 9am-3pm;
• Ross Close, Saffron Walden (the whole length from its j/w Cromwell Road) from 9am-3pm;
You may also want to watch:
• Cromwell Road, Saffron Walden (from its j/w Debden Road to its j/w Winstanley Road) from 9am-3pm;
• Old Mill Road, Saffron Walden (from its j/w Winstanley Road to No 38 Railey Road) from 9am-3pm;
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
• Rookery Lane, Wendens Ambo (from its j/w B1383 Cambridge Road in a westerly direction to its j/w Duck Street) from 7pm-5.30am;
• Cock Lane, Clavering (from its j/w the B1038 Pelham Road to its j/w Ford End Road) from 8am-5pm;
• B184 Thaxted Road, Wimbish (from a point 200m south of its j/w Yardley Hall Lane in a southerly direction for 400m) from 8pm-5.30am;
• Weaverhead Close, Thaxted (the whole estate, from its j/w Guelphs Lane) from 9am-3pm;
• B1008 Chelmsford Road, Great Dunmow (from its j/w the B184 Chelmsford Road to its j/w the B1256 Dunmow Bypass) from 9.30am-3.30pm.
Signed diversionary routes will be indicated where appropriate, otherwise access will be confined to residents only for the duration of the works.