Robbers target petrol station
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are investigating an armed robbery at a filling station.
Two men got into the Worsted Station in Babraham through a sky-light at about 1.20am today (January 25) before trying to take cash from the till.
There was a struggle and a lone male member of staff was struck with a broken snooker cue.
The robbers got out through the sky-light but nothing was stolen.
The shop area was locked but the station was open to sell fuel.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was treated in hospital but his injuries were not serious.
The men were both described as being white and 30 to 40. One was chubby with a beard. It is not known how they got away from the scene.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 8 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Council leader continues fight against Stansted expansion
Detective Sergeant Andy Denzey said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area of this filling station in the early hours of the morning to think if they saw anything that could help our inquiry. Any information, no matter how small it may seem, could be very important.”
Contact Det Sgt Denzey on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.