Robbers target petrol station
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are investigating an armed robbery at a filling station.
Two men got into the Worsted Station in Babraham through a sky-light at about 1.20am today (January 25) before trying to take cash from the till.
There was a struggle and a lone male member of staff was struck with a broken snooker cue.
The robbers got out through the sky-light but nothing was stolen.
The shop area was locked but the station was open to sell fuel.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was treated in hospital but his injuries were not serious.
The men were both described as being white and 30 to 40. One was chubby with a beard. It is not known how they got away from the scene.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
Detective Sergeant Andy Denzey said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area of this filling station in the early hours of the morning to think if they saw anything that could help our inquiry. Any information, no matter how small it may seem, could be very important.”
Contact Det Sgt Denzey on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.