Roll up for council’s healthy living community fun day in Stansted
- Credit: Archant
UTTLESFORD District Council is laying on a fun day out for the whole family in Stansted Mountfitchet.
The aim of the event is to provide residents with useful advice and information about how to lead healthier and safer lifestyles and to encourage community involvement.
Residents will be able to have their valuables security-marked, get their dogs micro-chipped by the council’s animal warden and arrange NHS health checks.
And firefighters will give a demonstration to show how easily chip pan fires can start – and how to deal with them quickly and safely.
To keep the children amused a whole host of fun activities have also been arranged including a bouncy castle, water games and the Uttlesford Buffy Bus.
You may also want to watch:
The free community roadshow is taking place on the green in the Mountfitchet Estate on Saturday July 20 from 12noon-4pm and everyone is welcome to attend.
A number of the council’s partners will be present, including Essex Police, Essex County Fire & Rescue, Anglian Community Enterprise, Family Mosaic, Spangles Childrens Centre, Stansted Parish Council and Neighbourhood Watch.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
There will also be a refreshments stall and an ice cream van to help cool everybody down, sun permitting.
Cllr Julie Redfern, cabinet member for housing, said: “This promises to be a lovely day out for the whole family.
“Residents will be able to get advice on how to live healthier and safer lives if they’re interested in doing so but we want everyone who comes along to have fun.
“We’re grateful that so many of our partner organisations have agreed to take part and I hope this event will help bring everyone in the community even closer together.”