‘Rolls Royce’ awards for the Pride of Essex
- Credit: Archant
THE search has started for Dunmow heroes and beyond who could be in line for the ‘Rolls Royce’ of awards at The Pride of Essex ceremony.
The awards recognise and reward the achievements and courage of adults and children who overcome adversity and make a difference to the lives of others.
This year’s scheme was launched by founder Susie Cornell and awards chairman Dave Dennison, fittingly in the presence of a stunning 1908 Silver Ghost Rolls Royce at P&A Wood, the Rolls Royce dealers based in Great Easton, which is supporting the non-profit-making awards.
There are four categories - The Ultimate Pride of Essex; Child of Courage; Unsung Hero; and Community Champion.
Nominees and their families will be VIPs at the presentation evening at Anglia Ruskin University in Chelmsford on December 3 when they find out who has won. They will also receive a cash award.
You may also want to watch:
If you know a child or adult who has overcome adversity or just given their best for the community, you can nominate them for an award by visiting prideofessexawards.org.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 7 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 8 'Enjoy a slice of Essex on hospitality day', says culture chief
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story