Round Table signs up new partner for Saffron Walden Carnival 2011
AFTER a hugely successful fireworks night at the weekend, the Saffron Walden Round Table is now looking towards the eight-day Carnival in July.
Preparations are well underway and the Round Table has announced that Pelly’s Solicitors is the latest partner to sign up to the event.
Andrew Arnold of Pellys said: “Pellys Solicitors is excited to be supporting Saffron Walden Carnival, which is one of the biggest and best events in this community.”
Jason Thomson, past chairman of the Round Table, said: “We are really pleased to have Pellys on board as one of our partners and are planning further announcements regarding the ‘eight day weekend‘ in the coming weeks.”
The event will be running from the July 1-9, 2011, so get this booked into your diaries.
You may also want to watch:
The last carnival, in 2008, raised more than �65,000 for charities. The eight day festival of music, arts and entertainments commences with a town procession that regularly has 150 participants. Then, throughout the week, music catering for a diverse, eclectic and cosmopolitan range of tastes is performed in the town.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 6 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand