Round Table signs up new partner for Saffron Walden Carnival 2011
AFTER a hugely successful fireworks night at the weekend, the Saffron Walden Round Table is now looking towards the eight-day Carnival in July.
Preparations are well underway and the Round Table has announced that Pelly’s Solicitors is the latest partner to sign up to the event.
Andrew Arnold of Pellys said: “Pellys Solicitors is excited to be supporting Saffron Walden Carnival, which is one of the biggest and best events in this community.”
Jason Thomson, past chairman of the Round Table, said: “We are really pleased to have Pellys on board as one of our partners and are planning further announcements regarding the ‘eight day weekend‘ in the coming weeks.”
The event will be running from the July 1-9, 2011, so get this booked into your diaries.
You may also want to watch:
The last carnival, in 2008, raised more than �65,000 for charities. The eight day festival of music, arts and entertainments commences with a town procession that regularly has 150 participants. Then, throughout the week, music catering for a diverse, eclectic and cosmopolitan range of tastes is performed in the town.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Town council backs new support club
- 10 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine