Round Tablers step up the find-raising in the Virgin London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
A TEAM from Saffron Walden Round Table stepped up a notch for fun and fund-raising at the weekend by being part of a once in a lifetime experience... only to be had once after the aching muscles!
Jason Thomson, James Cleaver, Dean Head and Ian Mercer, who were joined by Claire McCulloch, pounded the streets of the capital in Sunday’s London Marathon. In glorious weather and cheered on by large crowds around the 26.2 mile route, the guys “made a difference” for Sparks, a Children’s medical research charity.
Dean said: “It was a truly amazing experience and all of us came home and we would like to thank all of our supporters that came for the day as well as all the wishes received.”
Jason added: “It was a memorable day and I’m so proud of us all doing something that was a personal challenge, especially with our lifestyles. To achieve this and fundraise on the way is definitely a achievement never to be forgotten.”
James crossed the line in 3hrs 37mins, Dean in 4hrs 32mins, Claire in 4hrs 50mins, Jason 5hrs 18mins and Ian in 6hrs 14mins.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Stuart Head, from Saffron Walden, completed the race in 5hrs 20mins.
It’s not too late to make a donation to the team, visit justgiving.com/teamswrt
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 6 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 9 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 10 Dramatic pictures show extent of three north-west Essex farm fires