Run the STORT 10 for Fledglings
- Credit: Archant
A Wendens Ambo based national charity is calling on runners and fitness fanatics to complete 10 miles to help children living with a disability.
Fledglings Family Services is urging people to run the STORT 10 next month on its behalf to help it continue its work in finding and selling products that improve the lives of disabled children and their families.
The event, on June 22, has been going since the early 80s and is widely acknowledged to be one of the biggest 10-mile races in the region.
Fledglings will enter you as part of the team, provide you with a T-Shirt and pay your entry fee. The charity only asks its runners to raise a minimum of £80 in sponsorship.
To enter, contact fundraising manager Emma Holbrook on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0845 458 1124.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Fledglings was one of 22 Essex-based charities and voluntary organisations to be given a boost in the latest round of grants from the Essex Millennium Fund recently.
The fund, which is managed by the independent charitable trust Essex Community Foundation awarded £5,671 support the costs of the charity’s telephone help-line.
- 1 Further registrars speak out in wedding consultation row
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 4 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 7 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 10 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
Emma said: “The helpline is a lifeline to many parents and carers of children with physical and learning disability, and chronically sick children. As well as medical problems, carers of disabled children face a daunting array of practical and financial challenges.
“Fledglings staff research, develop and provide products that improve the lives of disabled children and their families.”
• For information call 0845 458 1124 or visit fledglings.org.uk.