Run the STORT 10 for Fledglings
- Credit: Archant
A Wendens Ambo based national charity is calling on runners and fitness fanatics to complete 10 miles to help children living with a disability.
Fledglings Family Services is urging people to run the STORT 10 next month on its behalf to help it continue its work in finding and selling products that improve the lives of disabled children and their families.
The event, on June 22, has been going since the early 80s and is widely acknowledged to be one of the biggest 10-mile races in the region.
Fledglings will enter you as part of the team, provide you with a T-Shirt and pay your entry fee. The charity only asks its runners to raise a minimum of £80 in sponsorship.
To enter, contact fundraising manager Emma Holbrook on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0845 458 1124.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Fledglings was one of 22 Essex-based charities and voluntary organisations to be given a boost in the latest round of grants from the Essex Millennium Fund recently.
The fund, which is managed by the independent charitable trust Essex Community Foundation awarded £5,671 support the costs of the charity’s telephone help-line.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 6 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
Emma said: “The helpline is a lifeline to many parents and carers of children with physical and learning disability, and chronically sick children. As well as medical problems, carers of disabled children face a daunting array of practical and financial challenges.
“Fledglings staff research, develop and provide products that improve the lives of disabled children and their families.”
• For information call 0845 458 1124 or visit fledglings.org.uk.