Russell Brand's behaviour defended by fan's mum
A MOTHER has defended the behaviour of controversial comedian Russell Brand following reports that the star became ill tempered with fans at a Katherine Jenkins concert. Essex comedian Brand, 34, made a surprise appearance at the Last Night of the Audley
A MOTHER has defended the behaviour of controversial comedian Russell Brand following reports that the star became ill tempered with fans at a Katherine Jenkins concert.
Essex comedian Brand, 34, made a surprise appearance at the Last Night of the Audley End Proms on Sunday evening.
After becoming mobbed by fans shortly before opera-singer Jenkins came on stage, Brand asked the on-site police officers to escort him back to his car.
Following the incident it was reported that Brand had become "annoyed" by fans asking him for pictures. However, Helen Clark, who attended the concert at Audley End House in Saffron Walden with her son Ali, said: "My son was chuffed to bits to meet Russell Brand. He happily posed for a photograph with him and he was very well mannered."
You may also want to watch:
Insp Kevin Wakefield of Saffron Walden Police Station said: "There was no suggestion whatsoever that his behaviour was in any way inappropriate."
The Last Night of the Audley End Proms brought to a close a series of summer picnic concerts that had been held at the English Heritage property.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections