Russell Brand's behaviour defended by fan's mum
A MOTHER has defended the behaviour of controversial comedian Russell Brand following reports that the star became ill tempered with fans at a Katherine Jenkins concert. Essex comedian Brand, 34, made a surprise appearance at the Last Night of the Audley
A MOTHER has defended the behaviour of controversial comedian Russell Brand following reports that the star became ill tempered with fans at a Katherine Jenkins concert.
Essex comedian Brand, 34, made a surprise appearance at the Last Night of the Audley End Proms on Sunday evening.
After becoming mobbed by fans shortly before opera-singer Jenkins came on stage, Brand asked the on-site police officers to escort him back to his car.
Following the incident it was reported that Brand had become "annoyed" by fans asking him for pictures. However, Helen Clark, who attended the concert at Audley End House in Saffron Walden with her son Ali, said: "My son was chuffed to bits to meet Russell Brand. He happily posed for a photograph with him and he was very well mannered."
Insp Kevin Wakefield of Saffron Walden Police Station said: "There was no suggestion whatsoever that his behaviour was in any way inappropriate."
The Last Night of the Audley End Proms brought to a close a series of summer picnic concerts that had been held at the English Heritage property.
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 3 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 4 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 5 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 6 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 7 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 8 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 9 Q&A: Alan Hawkes of Rotary in Saffron Walden
- 10 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden