Russell Brand's behaviour defended by fan's mum
A MOTHER has defended the behaviour of controversial comedian Russell Brand following reports that the star became ill tempered with fans at a Katherine Jenkins concert. Essex comedian Brand, 34, made a surprise appearance at the Last Night of the Audley
A MOTHER has defended the behaviour of controversial comedian Russell Brand following reports that the star became ill tempered with fans at a Katherine Jenkins concert.
Essex comedian Brand, 34, made a surprise appearance at the Last Night of the Audley End Proms on Sunday evening.
After becoming mobbed by fans shortly before opera-singer Jenkins came on stage, Brand asked the on-site police officers to escort him back to his car.
Following the incident it was reported that Brand had become "annoyed" by fans asking him for pictures. However, Helen Clark, who attended the concert at Audley End House in Saffron Walden with her son Ali, said: "My son was chuffed to bits to meet Russell Brand. He happily posed for a photograph with him and he was very well mannered."
You may also want to watch:
Insp Kevin Wakefield of Saffron Walden Police Station said: "There was no suggestion whatsoever that his behaviour was in any way inappropriate."
The Last Night of the Audley End Proms brought to a close a series of summer picnic concerts that had been held at the English Heritage property.
- 1 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 6 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'