Ryanair passengers to be charged for use of new Stansted Airport lounge
A NEW pay as you visit business lounge for travellers flying with Ryanair opened its doors at Stansted Airport this week.The No 1 Lounge, located in satellite three opposite the Ryanair departure gates, costs �17.50 per visit and offers all the tradition
A NEW pay as you visit business lounge for travellers flying with Ryanair opened its doors at Stansted Airport this week.
The No 1 Lounge, located in satellite three opposite the Ryanair departure gates, costs �17.50 per visit and offers all the traditional benefits of a VIP lounge, as well as free Wi-Fi, a bar, freshly prepared food, business facilities, newspapers and magazines.
Nick Barton, Stansted Airport's commercial and development director, said: "No 1 Lounges' second facility here at Stansted will be an excellent addition to the services we already provide for customers.
"We know that business travellers particularly appreciate the opportunity to work or relax in comfortable surroundings away from the general buzz of a busy airport. I'm sure many our passengers flying with Ryanair will quickly take up the benefits provided by this new lounge."
You may also want to watch:
It is the second No 1 Lounge to open at Stansted. The first, which opened in September 2009 in satellite one, has spectacular panoramic views of the runway and serves all passengers on international flights except, due to its location, those travelling with Ryanair.
No.1 Lounges, part of the No.1 Group, is the vision of multi-award winning British theatre producer Phil Cameron, who said: "Stansted is a major airport, with discerning passengers, creating their own travel itineraries. Low-cost travel often puts pressure on the passenger to arrive in good time and we recognize that many would welcome an opportunity to get the formalities out the way, and head out towards their gates to eat, drink and enjoy our unique service. We recognise that 60 per cent of passengers flying from Stansted travel with Ryanair, and we are excited to be the first company to serve these passengers."
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 6 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 9 Dramatic pictures show extent of three north-west Essex farm fires
- 10 Ribbon cut celebrates reopening of town playground
All No.1 lounges can be booked online, in advance, for just �17.50 from www.No1Lounges.com