Ryanair to launch child-free flights
STANSTED Airport’s budget airline Ryanair has announced that it will introduce ‘Child Free’ flights from October after a Europe-wide survey.
Out of 1000 passengers questioned half said that they would pay higher fares to avoid other people’s children.
The survey showed that a third of passengers (36 per cent) have had flights ‘ruined’ by other people’s noisy kids with one in five passengers (18 per cent) are urging Ryanair to restrict the number of children on flights.
While the survey found that passengers would prefer to avoid other people’s children, it placed ‘blame’ firmly with parents with top gripes being:
1. Parents who expect ‘special treatment’ because they have children.
You may also want to watch:
2. Parents who allow children to annoy those in seats behind.
3. Parents who board late and expect others to accommodate them.
- 1 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 County council commits to better deal for care workers
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
4. Parents who allow children to run in the aisles or kick seats.
Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said: “When it comes to children we all love our own but would clearly prefer to avoid other people’s little monsters when travelling.
“While half our passengers would like us to divide our cabins up into ‘adult’ and ‘family’ areas it is not operationally possible due to our free seating policy, with optional priority boarding.
“However, with clear demand for ‘child free’ flights Ryanair will introduce child free flights on high frequency routes from the start of our winter schedule in October.”