Safety improvements on the M11 in Essex
DRAINAGE improvements starting tonight (Friday March 15) will improve safety on the M11 at North Weald in Essex.
The work will take place over 12 nights and is expected to be complete by Wednesday March 27.
Highways Agency project manager, Anna Graham, said; “We are aware that there is a problem with standing water on this section of the M11. Safety is our top priority and this work will improve road safety and surface water drainage here.
“Closures will be limited to lanes only and the majority of these will be overnight when traffic flows are lower. I advise anyone who feels they may be affected by this to plan their journeys before they set out and allow extra time to travel.”
The following lane closures will be in place on the M11 between Junctions 7 and 6:
You may also want to watch:
* Northbound lane 3 will be closed from 8pm on Friday March 15 until 6am on Monday March 18.
* Southbound lane 3 will be closed for 24 hours a day until work is complete for safety reasons.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 10 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
* Southbound lane 2 closures will be limited to overnight between 8pm and 6am when work is taking place.