Saffron Building Society present huge cheque to Macmillan
FOLLOWING a year of fundraising, volunteering and advocacy for Macmillan Cancer Support, Saffron Building Society branches have been celebrating their achievements.
The Saffron Walden branch teamed up with their counterparts in Haverhill and Sawbridgeworth, and together with departments from the society’s head office, raised awareness of Macmillan’s work – and put the ‘fun’ in to fundraising.
Through cycle rides, mud baths, busking, coffee mornings and more, the team raised over �5000 for the charity, funds which will go towards Macmillan’s work all over the county.
As charity champions, the Macmillan fundraising team had their total boosted a further �300 by the society. The society is also using a Macmillan Christmas e-card to celebrate the achievement of their winners.
Essex fundraising Manager for Macmillan Lyn Crowe said: “We have been really impressed by the enthusiasm and creativity shown by Saffron’s charity teams. They have thrown themselves in to supporting Macmillan with a terrific sense of fun.
You may also want to watch:
“The �5000 they have raised for us will make a huge difference to the support we are able to provide.
“I’d like to thank and congratulate the staff at Saffron for all that they have achieved, and also thank Saffron’s customers who have been very generous in getting behind the staff and making the events so worthwhile.”
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold