Saffron Building Society’s Unsung Hero Award 2014 ... winners to be guests at a dinner at the Saffron Walden Carnival
Saffron Building Society is appealing for nominations for its 2014 Unsung Hero Award. The focus is on finding the people in the area who give their time and services to good causes.
Nominations may be based on any reason but suggestions include: making a difference to their community or field of work; enhancing the environment in which we live; long-term voluntary service; a one-off act of selfless kindness; improving the life of people less able to help themselves.
Nominees must be aged 18 or over and have performed a role in the community within a 20-mile radius of Saffron Walden. Nominations can be put forward by anyone aged 14 or over.
Jon Hall, chief executive at Saffron Building Society, said: “Our Mutual has been based in the town for over 165 years. The majority or our staff and many of our members come from Saffron Walden and the surrounding area. We are keen to support our community and to recognise the efforts of local volunteers.”
Three deserving winners and their guests will be invited to join Saffron Building Society for a three-course dinner, drinks and entertainment at the corporate evening of the Saffron Walden Carnival, on Wednesday, July 9. The table will be hosted by Mr Hall.
Nomination forms are available on the website, saffronbs.co.uk/community or by calling 01799 582930. The form is very simple, requiring just 75 to 100 words on why the person is being nominated and the role they have played in the community.
Nominations must be received by Saffron Building Society before 5pm on Tuesday, June 17. The winners will be notified on Friday, June 20.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 3 Decision yet to be made on Saffron Walden's 20mph limit
- 4 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 5 Saffron Walden photographer's book a permanent record of life in a locked down town
- 6 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 7 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 9 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 10 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run