Saffron Cookies are proving hugely popular with tourists
IT’S all about Saffron Walden at the town’s award-winning Tourist Information Centre with the introduction of delicious, home-baked, crocus-shaped saffron cookies.
The arrival of the first delivery coincided with the launch of the TIC’s new range of ‘I’m Just Mad About Saffron Walden’ gifts by local designer Phil Clements, including aprons and mugs.
The cookies have been made by Saffron Walden resident Shirley Golding.
TIC manager Rachel Thomas: “Once again, we are enjoying being in a position to showcase the work of local producers, and we are receiving excellent feedback from local customers and visitors alike, which encourages us to believe that we are right in our enthusiasm to freshen and modernise our range of gifts and souvenirs, and that there is a great will to celebrate all the wonderful things about our town.”
The entire first batch of cookies was purchased by a visiting group of enthusiastic Finnish children, so Mrs Golding had to bake a double batch the following day.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re not sure that the cookies will actually reach Finland!” said Rachel. “We think they’re more likely to have disappeared long before the children’s return home!”
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 6 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 9 Dramatic pictures show extent of three north-west Essex farm fires
- 10 Ribbon cut celebrates reopening of town playground