Saffron Cookies are proving hugely popular with tourists
IT’S all about Saffron Walden at the town’s award-winning Tourist Information Centre with the introduction of delicious, home-baked, crocus-shaped saffron cookies.
The arrival of the first delivery coincided with the launch of the TIC’s new range of ‘I’m Just Mad About Saffron Walden’ gifts by local designer Phil Clements, including aprons and mugs.
The cookies have been made by Saffron Walden resident Shirley Golding.
TIC manager Rachel Thomas: “Once again, we are enjoying being in a position to showcase the work of local producers, and we are receiving excellent feedback from local customers and visitors alike, which encourages us to believe that we are right in our enthusiasm to freshen and modernise our range of gifts and souvenirs, and that there is a great will to celebrate all the wonderful things about our town.”
The entire first batch of cookies was purchased by a visiting group of enthusiastic Finnish children, so Mrs Golding had to bake a double batch the following day.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re not sure that the cookies will actually reach Finland!” said Rachel. “We think they’re more likely to have disappeared long before the children’s return home!”
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 5 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 6 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 7 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 8 Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- 9 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 10 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'