Saffron Screen: Rolling Stones event a success
SAFFRON Screen’s recent special event involving the screening of The Rolling Stones concert movie and a pre-film performance by a local tribute band was a huge success.
The sizeable crowd was seen rocking in their seats and tapping their feet to both The Rolling Stones: Some Girls, Live in Texas film and the Rollin’ Clones acoustic concert.
Held on Friday January 13 at the cinema, the event brought together live music with footage of the band performing in their heyday.
The concert movie was recorded in Fort Worth, Texas in1978 at the height of the band’s popularity and featured most of the now famous tracks from this classic album. The footage was re-mastered in 2011 and the film included a recent interview with Sir Mick Jagger.
On the evening, local band The Rollin’ Clones had the opportunity to perform alongside their idols as well as to promote their upcoming charity concert which will be held in Saffron Walden this coming Saturday (Jan 28).
They received a warm response from the cinema audience who enjoyed the combination of live music and a film.
Saffron Screen cinema director Julie Kendall said: “Combining the concert movie with the live tribute band was a fantastic success.
- 1 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 2 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 3 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 4 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 5 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 6 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 7 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 8 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 9 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 10 School activities and sports in pictures
“Everyone seemed to have a great time, and it was particularly good to welcome people who had not been to the cinema before, and watch them thoroughly enjoy their first Saffron Screen experience.”
For more information about the cinema visit saffronscreen.com