Saffron Screen team wins prestigious award
SAFFRON Screen’s projectionists have been named Projection Team of the Year by the British Kinematograph Sound and Television Society (BKSTS).
The team of seven volunteers, headed by technical manager Paul Willmott, was chosen ahead of all other UK cinemas to receive this prestigious award.
Each year the BKSTS looks for a cinema where the projectionists can demonstrate high standards of presentation, film care, high projection room standards of cleanliness and show real enthusiasm for their profession.
Although recognised as a community cinema, Saffron Screen was deemed to be run on professional lines and was judged at a recent assessment to have met all of the above criteria, and more. The BKSTS committee were unanimous in awarding Projection Team of the Year to Saffron Screen.
Mr Willmott said: “I am very proud of the projectionists for the hours and effort they give to make Saffron Screen successful. The projection team is predominantly volunteer based, all live locally, and all have been trained at Saffron Screen.
You may also want to watch:
“Receiving the award is a great honour and we appreciate the national recognition from the BKSTS.
“With our current 35mm film based equipment all the projectionists have been trained how to handle film, making up complete programmes with adverts and trailers, and how to present films in accordance with industry best practice and Saffron Screen’s own high standards.
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 3 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 4 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 5 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 6 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 7 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 8 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
“We are looking forward to going digital in 2011 and thereby learning new skills to continue providing a professional cinematic experience for the community.”
The Saffron Screen projection team will receive their award at the famous Odeon Cinema, Leicester Square, London. The award, sponsored by Dolby, includes a certificate and an engraved carriage clock for the projection room.
Previous winners of this award include Cineworld Cardiff, ABC/Odeon Bouremouth, Apollo Redditch, and the Edinburgh Filmhouse.
The BKSTS was formed 80 years ago as the British Kinematograph Society, and is a technical society for Cinema, Television, Broadcasting and Film Production.
For more information visit saffronscreen.com