Saffron Screen thanks its 77 volunteers
- Credit: Supplied by Saffron Screen
Saffron Screen thanked its 77 volunteers this week for keeping community cinema alive.
As part of Volunteers' Week (June 1-7), Saffron Screen chiefs said supporters often go "above and beyond" in the day-to-day running of the independent cinema.
Viv Riley, cinema manager, said: "Our volunteers are what makes Saffron Screen so special.
"I’m always amazed at how quickly they respond to my emails requesting their help, and many go above and beyond to help us out behind the scenes.
"We are very lucky to have such fabulous people living in the area, and we really appreciate everything they do for us."
Jenny Hemsley, Saffron Screen's business manager, said: "Our volunteers are a vital and valued part of our team and, on behalf of the cinema and the wider community, I would like to thank them all."
You may also want to watch:
The cinema said volunteers create a shared experience to improve the quality of life for everyone in Uttlesford.
- 1 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 4 New outreach Post Office for community
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 8 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 9 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'