Saffron Screen to host pop-up cinema in Newport
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up cinema will be appearing in Newport of Saturday, July 18, as part of a project by Saffron Screen cinema in Saffron Walden.
Newport village hall will be playing host to two special screenings put on by the independent community cinema.
Popular animation Shaun the Sheep (U) will be shown at 4pm followed by BAFTA-winning Formula One drama, Rush (15) at 8pm.
The pop-up project aims to make cinema more accessible and bring communities together to enjoy watching films.
It has already enjoyed success in Manuden.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £5 for adults and £3.50 for under 18s for the 4pm screening and £4 each for Rush.
They can be purchased online at www.saffronscreen.com or from the Tourist Information Office in Saffron Walden.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road