Saffron Screen welcomes 100,000th customer
SAFFRON Walden s community cinema welcomed the 100,000th customer through its doors. Elsenham resident Richard Smith was the milestone customer for Saffron Screen when he went to see the film Moon last Sunday. A spokesman for Saffron Screen said:
SAFFRON Walden's community cinema welcomed the 100,000th customer through its doors.
Elsenham resident Richard Smith was the milestone customer for Saffron Screen when he went to see the film Moon last Sunday.
A spokesman for Saffron Screen said: "Last weekend represented a typical weekend for Saffron Screen, with the three films being shown reflecting our commitment to screening a wide and diverse selection of films from mainstream and independent directors.
"We are also continuing to run a range of educational and learning events to encourage local interest in films and cinema.
You may also want to watch:
"We were delighted to welcome Richard as our 100,000th customer."
Saffron Screen's programme of educational activities continues with an evening course on International Film Directors, covering Kozintsev, Bergman, Antonioni and Truffaut.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
The informal and friendly course will explore the four inspiring directors. Using film examples and relaxed discussions, the course will explore their individual techniques and their impact on international film development.
The course will run on Tuesdays, October 6, 13 and 20, and November 3 and 10, from 7.30pm to 9.30pm. The tutor will be Loreta Gandolfi from Anglia Ruskin University.
Pre-booking is essential, and the course fee is �63 (concessions �58) for five evenings, which includes a study pack and refreshments.
Booking can be made through Saffron Screen box office or Saffron Walden's Tourist Information Centre on the Market Square.
For more information, contact Saffron Screen on email@example.com or 01799 500238.