Saffron Walden: A safe route to Audley End should certainly be a priority!
A SAFE route to Audley End should certainly be a priority!
Your correspondent, Nikki Sweeney, asked me to divulge what has stopped this essential route from being made safe. I’m afraid she’s asking the wrong person.
Her question should be addressed to our county councillor, Robert Chambers, who might like to explain why in this day and age there are no proper cycle paths in the Saffron Walden county division.
Cycling is enjoyable, good for the health and does not pollute the planet, but it’s hardly surprising if people think twice when they encounter blind bends, non-existent pavements and speeding cars on our rural roads.
You may also want to watch:
Mount Pleasant Cottages
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal