Saffron Walden: A safe route to Audley End should certainly be a priority!
A SAFE route to Audley End should certainly be a priority!
Your correspondent, Nikki Sweeney, asked me to divulge what has stopped this essential route from being made safe. I’m afraid she’s asking the wrong person.
Her question should be addressed to our county councillor, Robert Chambers, who might like to explain why in this day and age there are no proper cycle paths in the Saffron Walden county division.
Cycling is enjoyable, good for the health and does not pollute the planet, but it’s hardly surprising if people think twice when they encounter blind bends, non-existent pavements and speeding cars on our rural roads.
You may also want to watch:
Mount Pleasant Cottages
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 7 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 8 'Enjoy a slice of Essex on hospitality day', says culture chief
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival