Saffron Walden Air Cadets on the lookout for new recruits
MEMBERS of Saffron Walden Air Cadets were out in force in the town centre last Saturday (Jan 28), encouraging new recruits to join their squadron.
The organisation meets every Monday and Thursday from 7.15pm to 9.30pm at Herberts Farm.
Youngsters from the age of 13 to 17 are invited to join the squadron, where they can take part in a range of activities such as flight simulator training, learning about radio communications and target practicing at Carver Barracks.
Cadets can also complete a bronze, silver or gold Duke of Edinburgh scheme through the squadron, and there is the opportunity to fly or go up in a glider two to three times a year.
It costs �10 per month to join the air cadets. This goes towards paying for activities, the upkeep of equipment and the day-to-day running of the group.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining should contact Flt Lt Matthew Lawrance on 07866 507840.
- 1 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 2 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 3 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 4 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 5 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 6 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 7 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 8 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 9 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 10 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues