Saffron Walden Air Cadets on the lookout for new recruits
MEMBERS of Saffron Walden Air Cadets were out in force in the town centre last Saturday (Jan 28), encouraging new recruits to join their squadron.
The organisation meets every Monday and Thursday from 7.15pm to 9.30pm at Herberts Farm.
Youngsters from the age of 13 to 17 are invited to join the squadron, where they can take part in a range of activities such as flight simulator training, learning about radio communications and target practicing at Carver Barracks.
Cadets can also complete a bronze, silver or gold Duke of Edinburgh scheme through the squadron, and there is the opportunity to fly or go up in a glider two to three times a year.
It costs �10 per month to join the air cadets. This goes towards paying for activities, the upkeep of equipment and the day-to-day running of the group.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining should contact Flt Lt Matthew Lawrance on 07866 507840.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 5 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 6 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 9 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 10 Temporary council chief costing more than £1,000 per day