Saffron Walden and Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
An Apollo road bike was stolen from outside a supermarket.
The red and white bicycle, worth £150, was taken from outside Tesco, in The Square, Great Notley, between 10pm and 11.45pm on October 9.
Attempted thieves failed to break into a home in Wethersfield Road, Finchingfield, on October 9.
The suspects used tools to try and gain access through the front door at about 9.40pm.
It is thought the suspects were disturbed.
Items of jewellery were taken in a raid on a home in Church End, Shalford.
Thieves broke into the home via a rear conservatory between 10.30am and 12.45pm. All rooms were searched by the perpetrators.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 4 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 5 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 6 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 7 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 8 Saffron Striders enjoy home leg of inter-club cross-country championship
- 9 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 10 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
Gardening equipment was stolen from a vehicle overnight on October 8.
A leaf blower and a Lawn Fight chainsaw were taken from the vehicle parked outside the victim’s home in Ozier Court, Saffron Walden.
The victim noticed the rear door was not shut properly as they made their way to work, but arrived to find the tools had been removed.
A safe was stolen from a doctors’ surgery in Thaxted overnight on Wednesday, October 14.
The thieves smashed a side window before removing a safe, which contained an unknown amount of keys and blank prescription pads.
It is not thought that any drugs were stolen during the raid.
Registration plates of a Renault Clio were stolen from a car parked on The Street, High Easter.
The front and back number plates from the black car were taken overnight on October 9.
A large quantity of gold jewellery was stolen during a break in.
Thieves removed a plastic panel from the back door of a home in Ravens Crescent, Felsted.
The house was raided between 5pm and 9.12pm on October 9.
A satellite navigation unit was stolen as thieves broke into a car in Stansted.
The Ford Focus was parking in Stoneyfield Drive overnight on October 11 when it was raided.
A number of pheasants were shot in a field in Felsted.
Suspects drove over farm land causing damaged to crops before ramming a gate overnight on October 15.